Answered By: Lisa Louis Last Updated: Jan 15, 2020 Views: 520
Quick Search makes it easy to find books. Read the following instructions, or watch the brief video linked below to learn how.
1. Go to the library's home page.
2. Click in the Quick Search box. Choose Books/ebooks from the options.
3. Type in the title of the book, if you're looking for a specific book If we have it, the results will show the location (Main, Reference, Special Collections, etc.), the call number and whether it is available for check-out.
4. If the title finds too many results, try putting quotation marks around it (for example "for whom the bell tolls") or adding the author name, if you know it, to your search.
5. If you are looking for books on a certain topic, type in a keyword or two that describes your topic.
6. if you are looking for books by a specific author, you can try using the author's name as a keyword, or you can use the More Search Options link to specify that the computer do an author search.
Note: If you choose More Search Options, you'll have to choose Books/ebooks again to search only for books.
The librarians are happy to help with finding books. Ask Us!
Ask Us Services are available:
M-Th: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
F: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Emails and texts submitted outside of these hours will be responded to on the next business day. Hours may vary during Summer and intersessions.
We look forward to hearing from you!